Tuesday, June 2, 2009

One more day!

School will end this year tomorrow.

It absolutely could not come too soon for me.

But my daughters have continued to prove their resiliency.

Today was the Awards Assembly and Mom and I were in the audience to cheer on our girls.

Each won so many awards. I was so proud. Annabel won awards for participating in gym, her "Best in Show" for her art project, and Most Improved, among others.

For Grace it soon became the "Grace Show" according to her teacher for receiving so many awards. They finally handed her a sack to hold all of them! She got awards for her outstanding work on the Hoops for Heart fundraiser, the amount of books she read, and then her academic proficiency.

It was really hard to sit still and not say something to the girls who had tortured Annabel all year, but of course I controlled myself!

Sunday was Grace's piano recital.

She was so nervous and concerned about trying to play without her music. I convinced her that it would be fine and was so relieved when others also used their music. I just wish everyone could have heard how beautifully she played it at home, with the dynamics where they belonged and the emotion woven into the piece.

Sunday night Grace decided she would sew an outfit for Ollie, the dog, and in between teach Annabel how to play the piano. I LOVE when they work on things together so they got to stay up later than usual. The outfit was pretty funny on Ollie. Annabel decided it was a shirt for him to play basketball in.

Tonight Annabel had a new piece that Grace was teaching her, but instead picked out part of Beethoven's V Symphony instead.

Last night we had to go to Hobby Lobby to pick up some things for my job. While there we were looking around, there was a display of crosses. Annabel said to me that she knew I liked them. Yes, I have a collection of some really pretty crosses. She told me she knew why, because Jesus died on the cross.
They never cease to amaze me.

No comments: