Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday and stories from Nanchang SWI

Here I sit, having my appropriate soft food, and trying to actually let myself heal.

You might wonder how I could do this type of thing?

Everyone else is in Paris, Texas today for my aunt's 87 birthday party!

But the most important thing so far today, she ran back to me for a hug before they left!!!

Last night we tried to explain who all the relatives that Annabel would meet today. Before we could get through one family, she was confused on the first ones. I tried showing her some pictures, but think it will be pretty funny Sorry that I could not be there. There are so few family get togethers any more, after feeling like there were SO many growing up.

Annabel has recently started telling me some really odd stories. It seems that she must have already told them to Grace and she urged her to tell me.

Before I adopted Grace, they moved her from her foster family back to the orphanage in preparation for the transition. When I would ask her about where she lived, she always called it the "hospital". I REALLY hate the word ORPHANAGE but wasn't sure what the children might have been told to call it.

Anyway, Annabel started telling me about when she was at the "hospital" and some of the people there. I wish I had recorded it so you could hear her explanation about a boy who walked like this (maybe a crutch? or a problem with his leg?) and how he had (finger made into gun and shoot in the head) a bunch of old people at the hospital. They would see him and everyone knew it but no one did anything. Then there was a pond with fish in it and that a LOT of people would walk into and drown, like they were in a deep sleep.

Last night she was explaining the meaning of a song that she had told Grace was VERY sad. There was something about a father who did not have a mouth, he could eat though, but ...I'm guessing he could not talk. The explanation of the song lasted just about the same amount of time it would take to perform most operas and I always get lost in these tales, but glad she wants to tell me.

I tried to find out if the stories from the "hospital" were things she had personally witnessed or been told. That was pretty scrambled too but know how imagination can make some of these stories really good.

1 comment:

lisa said...

I can't believe they went to Paris without you! I wanted to come to the party, but Katie and I shot a wedding yesterday so I couldn't.