Thursday, April 30, 2009

Too much on my mind

Tonight there is so much on my mind, it feels like I am playing the audio for a bad movie and I am the narrator.

So I will sound off about a few things that are bugging me first and hope to get the rest cleared up.

Ants in the kitchen. I have tried to handle getting rid of the ants in a reasonable way and less drastic methods so I put out boric acid and ant traps. They literally walk over the boric acid and probably sleep on top of the ant traps.

The swine flu which is to be renamed by the World Health Organization to avoid people killing off all their pigs.

The flu itself is not bugging me, it is my reaction to it. I am a news junkie when there is a major event happening, not something like the election, just stories that are interesting. (That one is for you, Holly!)

They closed an elementary school in our neighborhood today.

They keep reporting there are only a few confirmed cases yet they have also called off major events scheduled this weekend.

Next weekend we have our biggest event of the year. Planning began last year. So I am anxious to hear the news tonight! I will watch it on as many channels as I can just to be sure I don't miss anything!

Back to us.

A friend recommended I contact a friend of a friend, who might be able to help about the problems at school.

With only minor details, she agreed that things had not been handled correctly with the bullying and the lack of instruction provided for Annabel.

She is working to get resources for us.

I feel such mixed emotions.

For the first time I feel some relief but also guilt, that I did not force the school to do more.

I finally got a return call from my voice mail on Tuesday and also my email on Wednesday. It was offered to set up a meeting with the teachers again.

I was shocked! My email clearly stated that I expected her to be removed from that classroom. I was told we could discuss it next week.

So do I just keep her out until then?

But to show how "normal" our life is, tonight Annabel was showing me a spot on her toe. It took a magnifying glass and a bright light to even see it, but she was quite concerned that it was something major.

I got so tickled at her because I told her it looked like she had scratched it.

She assured me that she had NEVER scratched her toe.

NEVER?? In all 11 years?

No, never. I said that would have to make the blog!

No comments: