Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The mystery of the Easter eggs

I'm glad we did our Easter egg hunting on Saturday because the weather forecast was correct. Rain!

We had a great church service, then on to Mark and Martha's for a delicious lunch. My girls LOVE seeing their cousins. And their aunt and uncle of course. My brother ALWAYS works with the most unusual characters and is very entertaining telling about his job.

In anticipation of the next surgery, I've decided I have to get in better shape. I took advantage of a 6 week program at Anytime Fitness so we stopped by there before going to Tom Thumb for breakfast necessities, and then McDonalds for dinner.

When we got home, I noticed the egg carton on the table was all torn up. Neither girl claimed responsibility and that was when I noticed the remnants of egg shell on the floor.

I guess I need to install a video camera to see who actually manages to climb up on our table, as both dogs are very small. But whichever one, they were capable of tearing apart the egg carton and getting out the egg, consuming all but a small bit of the shell. I hope the shell works as roughage!

Neither dog will talk or sell out the other!

When Grace first became ill with allergies last time I ignored her fatigue and general malaise as irritation over something else. But then she got sick and was pretty miserable for 2 weeks.

Last night when I got home, she had the same symptoms. This morning she climbed into bed with me, so that is where she is, sound asleep. I just cannot get over how much the two of us are alike. When I start having allergy/sinus problems, my body just wants to rest. If I can take a day to do that, then I nip it in the bud, otherwise, I can count on weeks of coughing, blowing, and overall just feeling badly. I hope we might stave it off this time.

It still feels odd sometimes when it is just Annabel and me, like it was for breakfast this morning. But I did notice we are finally becoming more comfortable. I grabbed her by the head as she ducked out this morning in an attempt to plant a kiss on the top of her head. AAAHHHH!!!! Why did you do that Mom?? At least she didn't wipe it off!

No comments: