Friday, December 19, 2008

Count down to Christmas

Wow! In less than one week, Christmas will be over! That is so hard to believe. I keep thinking it is time to get ready for Halloween. I guess time is just flying by so quickly I can't get ready for the holidays fast enough.

At least for Christmas I have all of my shopping done, everything is wrapped, the food is cooked, and the house is sparkling!

Yeah, right!

I took time tonight to go through all the gifts stuck away in my closet, sort through them, and make sure of what I did have! I also started wrapping. Someone reminded me that sometimes kids will even count the number of gifts each child gets and if the number is off, it can cause problems. I think I am within 1 or 2 presents of everything being equal.

My first year as a mom, Jana looked at what I had bought and decided it was not nearly enough. She started organizing and reorganizing what she had for her daughters until she could fill in the empty spots for my daughter. She also made me buy special wrapping paper that would be Santa's paper.

I tried to explain what all was coming up to Annabel.

This will be her first Christmas, of course, and I felt like she did not really understand.

Her wish list, a few months ago, were for a new dog, barbie computer, and some candy. Now she has a better sense of what to ask for and wants a Wii game, cell phone, Wii Fit, two new dogs, barbie computer, and the list goes on and on. I hope she won't be disappointed as the barbie computer is the only thing on this list she is getting!

Grace has reached that age where she is really not sure what to ask for, so she just hopes that Santa will get it right. She wants to sing Christmas songs in the car all the time. She was singing about how "he sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake", etc, etc.

All of a sudden, she stopped, and said, that is just what God does too. I think that is why I tried to avoid too much emphasis on Santa. Oh well, have not been successful on that one!

Both girls are very excited about the possibilities that Christmas brings. I hope I can get some of the rest of the items off my list! That would be a great Christmas for me too.

No comments: