Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Why are you doing this Tooth Fairy?

Since the tooth fairy did not stop by last night, she distracted the girls long enough to slip into their bedroom and exchanged the tooth for the cash!

Then as they were going to bed Grace found her money.

Annabel got bummed out pretty quickly that she had lost all of her baby teeth while still in Jiangxi where there is no tooth fairy! So even after the lights were out she was still teary eyed. Someone made a desperate commitment that the tooth fairy will probably be by tonight to make up for all the lost teeth in China.

On Wednesdays Grace stays until 5:00 so Annabel goes home with Poppa. Today she told him a REALLY long story about her teacher, a squirrel, a tree, and fox pee pee.

When I got home, he had her explain it to me.

I've just got to be ready in the future so I can tape these stories.

It was basically that Ms. Lopez had a tree and a squirrel in her tree but Ms. Lopez not like squirrel so she got fox peepee and put into balls and then threw them everywhere, and then when she got home from school, the squirrel was there and was talking to Ms. Lopez.

At this point I was a little confused as to where the story was going if the squirrel could talk.

But the squirrel talked to Ms. Lopez and said, eee, eeee. I don't know how to write squirrel talk, sorry.

But Ms. Lopez told the squirrel, sorry, but my tree, not yours.

Her version was a lot longer and the pronouns got a little mixed up, but there were lots of hand gestures, and most of it was spoken in a Godfather accent.

I believe Ms. Lopez purchased some fox urine to scare away the squirrels. Dad thought there were some other animals involved and was impressed that I understood as quickly as I did.

But tonight she reminded me that I had promised to talk to Poppa about a problem with their light, so we called him. I had her explain the problem to him.

So she was in her room and the thing was up and then she closed the door and the thing was still up but she did something and then when she came back into the room and the thing was still up but the light was not on. So then she put the thing down and it was not on, so she put it back up and then there was no light. It went on for a while.

Dad said he would look into it tomorrow!

2 comments:

lisa said...

Oh.My.Gosh. That story about the light was great. Is she talking about the light switch? I sure hope Dad can figure that one out! Sounds complicated to me. ;)

Holly said...

So, the Tooth Fairy will AT LAST find Annabel now that she is HOME? I love it!! Please give full details! I love how Grace is always so patient with Tooth Fairy. Such a sweet soul. You are a great Mom, Jerri!