Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Tooth Fairy and no Foooot (spoken with almost an Irish accent)

Why oh why does the Tooth Fairy hate me?

Grace has lost her second tooth in one week.

She reminded me one more time before I turned off the light to remind the tooth fairy. I hope I have some cash on hand!

Tonight Annabel told me that she did not have any more foooot or was it fooood for her lunch tomorrow.

I don't think she normally takes a foot and I had just put the rest of the soup in a container for her, so I wasn't sure what she meant.

Fooot, Mom, fooot, like oranges, you know.

Oh, fruit! Got it!

We were out of the little containers of fruit for her lunches and she doesn't think she likes the ones that Grace picked out.

She also has a good friend named Caaarl.

I thought it was odd since I did not remember a boy named Carl in her class. Actually it is Coral, or that is the best I can determine from both Grace and Annabel.

Annabel began telling a story tonight that involved her "family" in China. It was VERY long and involved and ended up with something about poop, but right in the middle of it Grace turned to me and said, "I don't get what she is talking about". I nod and continue listening to Annabel.

I hate to stop her when she wants to talk, but when she gets really excited in one of these stories, she has to begin to rely on hand gestures and pronouns that get mixed up, so it is really hard to guess what she is talking about.

But I did understand that someone got pushed off a swing and skinned their knees and only one elbow. Grace was sure she said that the child died. I'm sure it was just that she had blood on her elbow from scraping it and the whole time Annabel continues to tell this story! Dinner can take a LONG time!

Annabel introduced getting your clothes ready for the next day and putting them under your pillow. (This is just one of the things under her pillow!)

Thankfully Grace has picked up this habit too.

But tonight is the coldest night we have had in Dallas and it has actually been sleeting and snow showers. When they pulled out their uniforms, Annabel only had a short sleeve shirt and Grace had a skort. Something went wrong with our weekly planning this time so I am trying to get some uniforms clean in a hurry!

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Oh, I can so relate to this. Lin always asks for "socks" to put in her food. What she really wants is soya SAUCE. She even put it on a baked potato! At least she ate the potato. Also, the "under the pillow" thing is big with her too. You wouldn't believe what I have found in there!

Marcie said...

Drew always laughs at me because I will shove my book that I am reading under my pillow if I stay up late reading so that it doesn't hit the floor with a thud and wake him up. Maybe I am part Chinese?