Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ice, sleet, freezing rain????

Sometimes when Annabel is really excited, she talks so fast and it sounds like she is saying click click clack tick tick tack and you really have to listen to understand what she said!

This morning was a perfect example.

She went out the front door first and started squealing and talking so fast and hollering for Grace!

Ice had covered Dad's car and I don't think she or Grace had ever seen such a thing! Grace couldn't get out the door fast enough!

We were still talking about it tonight and she started telling me about a flea? covered with ice. It was very big and something else and something else. I really think she was talking about a leaf, but it sounded more like flea.

Dad took the girls to school in the car and once his eardrums had recovered from Annabel's squeals he then got to answer a thousand science and weather questions from Grace.

Grace kept trying to make a past tense form of sleet and finally realized it was just that it had sleeted.

But what's the difference between sleet and ice or frozen rain? Especially when it all looks the same on a surface? Glad Dad got to handle those!

Last night we were going through a LOT of great clothes we got from my friend again. The girls had a great time looking at all the choices and then Annabel jumped up excited! She LOVED this!!!

When I turned to see what it was, it was a coat hanger, for skirts, that had little metal clamps on it. I know Lori will love to know that the favorite item was a coat hanger!

I have an appointment for the girls at the international adoption clinic. Tonight I was asking Annabel if she ever remembered being in the hospital in Jiangxi. She didn't remember until I reminded her of when she was two years old. I'm so glad the clinic will have an interpreter. She started telling me about two times she was in the hospital and something about money and her ear. I don't know.

There is a lot of time that these two souls spent without a mom. It can be overwhelming thinking about all that they have been through.

1 comment:

lisa said...

I love this! I can't wait to see them in the next few days or so. I wish you would load them up on a Saturday and bring them to me. Or put them on the Amtrak or something!! I miss seeing them. Well, and maybe you too. ;)