Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Holly!

Maybe it is still her birthday in her time zone!!

I managed to stay awake and get all the presents moved from their hiding places. It was one of the few times that I wished there was someone else here to help! I felt like I made 100 trips, then when I looked to admire my work displaying the packages to the best effect, it looked like such a tiny amount!

I had set my alarm, but the soft setting must be too soft.

Thankfully we have a dog who knows it is time to go out and jumped up and woke me up!

Grace had been awake since 7:00 but Annabel was still snoozing. I was shocked at that and still not sure if she was faking it.

We had to wait for Grandmother and Poppa, but even then, neither girl seemed ready to tear into their packages.

Annabel took a long time playing with the dogs!

Grace always prefers being the follower and kept holding back.

Finally each opened one package. The most lame ones are always on the front. Since it wasn't a computer, neither were very interested.

It took SO LONG to get them to open their gifts.

I've spent most of the day trying to find a meaning behind their reluctance to open their gifts. They were labelled with their names, but Annabel REALLY was not that interested. She was concerned that on the tag it only said To: with their name, but Santa did not write his name on the From: side.

She announced a few times that Santa had not been here. This each time from returning from the back yard. Not sure what was out there to tell her.

She was mostly concerned about having to take care of MORE babies. The new Nintendo game is babysitting 6 babies, she already has Shomba, Yo Yo, Whyo, Ho Ho, just so much pressure and so much work!

She finally did get the Barbie computer, but there were no more puppies, no cell phone, and no real laptop. A major disappointment!

I tried to buy things that would build companionship, but instead, each took a different toy for a while and played with it separately.

But we finally got down to some real play stopping just long enough for breakfast at Mom and Dad's.

The whole Dallas area family got together later at Mom and Dad's for dinner and gifts.

I am rarely surprised by a gift, but they blew me away this year!

I got my own GPS! I used to be able to find my way anywhere I needed to go. Went back to the same Bed and Breakfast in Edinburgh, Scotland, even coming in a different direction.

Now ---- I have trouble finding the street at the end of the block. I was looking at my directions when we had our car wreck the other day. I don't know how I lost that ability, but was thrilled when Dad let me borrow his to go to Houston back in the summer. It was the one and only time I actually found my way around.

Now I just have to find a different car to buy and get that thing mounted!

There are pictures and I will get them posted. Promise!!!

I hope you had a great holiday too. Now we are just waiting on Lisa, Gillian, and Darcey to come. We hope they will be here Saturday.

No comments: