Wednesday, February 4, 2009

No idea!

When you come home from work and you are not feeling well, but know you left your kitchen in a mess, but don't really feel like cleaning it up, and then you walk in and find your kitchen all clean and the dishes in the dishwasher clean, you just have to say, "Thank you Mom!!!".

Wow! What a great surprise! Something like this is the best gift of all!!

I also found a strange car (actually a truck) in my driveway, but soon realized that my longed for deck was being built!

Since our house used to be a duplex, there were just two small sets of concrete stairs outside of the back doors. And for so many nights, I have wished there was a place to sit down and just think, take a breath, look at the stars, listen to the neighbor's fiesta, etc., but now I will soon have that place! Yippee!!

Last night Annabel was pretty bummed out because she had homework.

I asked what was the assignment.

"No idea!"

I had not realized how often I said that phrase until it is now repeated on a regular basis back to me. And it doesn't matter how many different ways you phrase your question, you are going to get the same answer, so we head into homework that she does not have any idea how to do or what to do, but knows it is math.

So I look to Grace for help.

Grace rattles off something about weight and length, but she can't remember what the third thing is. I'm not even sure I know what the first two things are. So I ask again and ask to see where they wrote down their assignment. Oh no need, since it was memorized!!

Right.

Something about household items, volume, capacity, and measurements.

So is the homework about measuring things?

Not really.

I decided I owe Mom and Dad a lot more for all the times they have helped with homework.

With a few more "no ideas" the assignment was completed.

I have "no idea" what kind of grade she will get though!

All I can do is worry about how things will be next year.

2 comments:

lisa said...

You lucky dog!! Can you send Mom and Dad down my way for a week or two?

Marcie said...

Who is doing your deck and how much are they charging you? I'd like to build one as my front porch, and I am getting a tax refund soon. Email me the info if you don't mind!