Friday, February 20, 2009

You little pig

Annabel has had a pretty hard week.

It seems that no matter what she did someone found a reason to tease or make fun of her at school.

Here at the end of the week after all my coaching, she admitted today that when one girl pushed too far, she told her to shut up. I told her I understood and sometimes you do get really angry but it wasn't the best way to handle it. Then she said, I think you might be mad though because I said the other word too.

The other word?

What other word besides "shut up"?

I know when I first adopted Grace, Gillian and Darcey taught her that the "sh" word was "shut up". There are lots of other words that start with "sh" that I could think of that were a lot worse.

Annabel finally admitted that she told the girl, "Shut up little pig", which is what the same girl had said to her earlier in the week.

I think for now the lesson is lost especially when I had to stifle a laugh at the expression she chose to tell someone off with.

Last night after piano I planned for us to go out to eat Chinese food, but remembered a new Mexican food restaurant had opened in the neighborhood. Just a couple of months ago, Annabel would have fought against that idea.

This time, she was all for it, but Grace did not want to go.

Two against one since I love Mexican food!!!

Annabel took the bowl of chips and the bowl of hot sauce and started chowing down! She ate almost all of the chips and hot sauce and was ready for dinner. I can barely dip my chip into the hot sauce whereas she is scooping it up and piling it on each chip.

The place is known for their chicken soup but I gave them the choice of soup or stew, or guiso de res or guiso de puerco.

I have never seen a person eat a dish so quickly as Grace, especially for someone who did not want Mexican food! They loved their guiso, except Annabel doesn't think she likes their rice. We're glad she now understands that the chocolate is actually refried beans.

I had promised Annabel that we would go back to the Chinese church this weekend but last night she was asking if we HAD to go. Of course not, but I did wonder why. Ms. Wu had told her it was the last day before her parents returned to Hong Kong and they were planning a "special" service at church. Annabel understood that the service would be especially long and I think that had something to do with it, but I really think she just wanted the safety and security of going to church with her Grandmother and Grandfather.

I am scheduled to have surgery Monday so I am glad not to have too much planned for this weekend, except getting me a new chaise lounge to recover on.

One last thing - We missed the premiere of the latest Disney movie on Monday so Grace and Annabel had planned all week that Friday night we would watch the repeat. Annabel told Mom that she needed a nap because they had 3 movies they were going to watch tonight. NOT ON MY WATCH they won't be seeing 3 movies tonight.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

HAHAHA! Shut up you little pig? Oh man, if that is the worst thing they say, we are all in good shape! I don't know how you keep a straight face when hearing stories from Annabel!

Marcie said...

Just wanted to let you know I am STILL laughing about this.