Friday, January 16, 2009

Annabel's prayer tonight

After now I lay me down to sleep, she says quite loudly, just in case God is hard of hearing, I think:

And please help all the church people have a good day tomorrow.

And the man who gives us the quarters (Mom, what's his name? Wes) and please help him have a good night's sleep and be ok tomorrow and what else, Mom?
(That he gets well? His back feels better?)

Yea, and please help her have a good day tomorrow. (pronouns are still tricky)

And that all the people have good day.

For Annabel, like with Grace, learning that God does not require you to kowtow and beat your head on the ground to hear your prayers must be a huge relief. I love how they are eager to learn about God and the Bible. I know that Grace was taken to the Buddhist Pagoda and taught to burn incense, as she showed me how when we were there. I'm not sure about Annabel but will be glad when she can tell me more.

1 comment:

Holly said...

When we were in China adopting Irene, we visited the 6 Banyon Tree Temple in Guangzhou. Irene (at 4 years and 8 months of age) stopped at the doorway to the inner temple and put her hands together in prayer (flat against each other, not folded) and bowed her head in quiet! This was the MOST CALM I saw her during that entire trip! It was certainly a spiritual moment -- but, more for me than for her, I believe. XXXOOO, Holly