Saturday, January 17, 2009

More on prayers

I hope that all the "church" people did have a good day today!

Annabel keeps wanting to go to the hospital to visit our minister. He had back surgery and really has not been up for a lot of visitors, but each day Annabel asks Dad if he is going and can she go too.

Now when has this child actually ever visited a person in a hospital and has the ability to know and understand what it means? I don't think she has, so it is pretty funny. Today Grace wanted to know if his wife had seen his back and could tell how big the scar was. I'm so glad we have plenty to talk about.

Speaking of talking, we went to Costco today. Annabel went with Mom to get her glasses adjusted and Grace went with Dad to look at TVs. I made it through the grocery area all by myself.

We met back up in the snack area, one of Dad's favorite restaurants! Just kidding. But as soon as I was in sight, both girls had to start talking and telling me all that they had seen, the people, and the number of big TVs they had. Pretty much the conversation was non stop. I love that they missed me and filled me in on all I missed.

Our prayers again tonight included prayers for the church people, that Annabel might find her clock (watch), and she might have help cleaning house tomorrow. OK, sometimes it is really difficult to keep a straight face.

But it did remind me of when Grace first started praying.

It never seemed to fail that whatever she prayed for happened. A good friend's mother and father were going through a difficult time. One night Grace prayed that their furniture would be ok and that her father could get a job. She called the next day to say her dad got a job and there was something else about their house and furniture that did happen so we were convinced that Grace had a straight line up to heaven!

I have promised Annabel that we will go visit our minister Monday since we have the day off!

2 comments:

Holly said...

OMG. I just left a long comment and it got eaten by an error when I tried to post it. ERG!
OK. Let's try again.

Oh Jerri - You have me in tears (again!). Your little family is sooooo beyond PRECIOUS! This is a wonderful post. I love that you are giving your daughters a spiritual base, and teaching them to pray. I believe prayer is vital to the human experience. I firmly believe in affirmative prayer. Annabel's prayers are so real, and SO from her own perspective. LOL! Her English skills are really amazing!! About visiting the hospital - Annabel may have been allowed to visit the infant infirmary at Nanchang SWI. If so, she has seen sick babies in beds/cribs, IVs, incubators, thermometers, oxygen tanks, cold compresses, etc. That room is on the second floor, sort of above the play yard that is outside the younger kids' classrooms. It is right beside where they hang the baby diapers to dry on the second floor. If anyone in her foster family was ill (including her) they may have even done a "hospital-like" treatment in her home, since it was right on the grounds.

One more thing -- could you please ask Grace to pray for us. You know the issues. OK. Now I am crying again. Lots of love from Colorado, -Holly

Marcie said...

I know you probably already know this, but I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. The Bible says "pray with out ceasing" and that if your heart is in the right place, that your prayers will be answered. I think that is why Grace had such luck, because she is so self-less. Please always encourage your girls to pray no matter how small the request - sometimes I pray that God will give me help cleaning my house too! Nothing is too unimportant for God!