Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hair when you are a tween

This weekend, while getting ready to go to the Chinese New Year's dinner, Grace decided she wanted to do something with her hair. So while I was getting ready she got out my curling iron, which has a short in it and turns itself off all the time.

I checked on her and suggested she get the flat iron, maybe it would do what she needed.

I checked on her again and realized she was trying to make ringlets around her face. I got out the smaller curling iron.

After at least 30 minutes trying to get her completely straight hair into a curl I finally brought out the big guns! My hot rollers! The only trouble with those is I have lost most of the clips and by then Annabel decided she wanted to get in on the action.

So at the last minute I am trying to get enough hot rollers in both girls to be satisfied with the results and at 10 and 11 running out the door with rollers in their hair with a bag to put them in! I felt like I was having flashbacks to my own younger years. But I don't think I started that until junior high or high school.

On Sunday we started the process again and even though we had been up for hours almost were late to church trying to get the perfect 'do!

Monday morning Grace came into breakfast with her hair pulled back and the front part slicked down. She asked what I thought and said she had used the hairspray and hoped that it was ok. Sure, no problem. Thankfully before she left she changed it one more time.

I keep knowing I am having a glimpse of the future.

No comments: