Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Constant chatter, which is great!

On one of the yahoo groups for adoptive parents, the subject of incessant chatter has been causing a lot of stir.

I have laughed so hard reading everyone's problems with this situation. Most felt it was because their children were younger.

BUT I know it has nothing to do with age because my 10 and 11 year olds can talk almost without a stop, even when eating!!This is especially complicated since one needs lots of hand gestures, motioning, and sometimes noises! Rarely is there a pause for the answers before more questions are asked. Never a dull moment for sure!

But today, Mom and Dad had a full complement of constant talkers! They met Chip in Waco to pick up Gillian and Darcey, my sister's daughters. I talked to them twice on the phone and it was difficult to tell who you were talking to since everyone seemed to be talking at the same volume and all at once! These girls love each other so much and had so much to catch up on that it took everyone talking at once, or I guess! I think Dad wished he wore a hearing aid so he could turn it off!

It was great to finally see the girls again. They both have grown so much since August and are just beautiful! They are doing well in school and Darcey was proud to report winning several awards, which I thought she said was words. Winning a bunch of words didn't make sense, so glad they were awards!

It was also great for them to see Annabel and how she has grown since August.

Dinner was great and it felt so right to have everyone together. Lots of lively conversation, contests, and laughter.

It is difficult for Annabel to stay up with the conversation though and Grace feels that Gillian should just talk to her. It will be interesting to see if they can work it out themselves!

I had to be the party pooper though and insist my girls come home and go to bed. The main way to head off any problems tomorrow is if everyone gets a good night's sleep tonight. That includes mom and dad and I knew they did not need 2 more extra girls tonight. Gillian thought the easiest way to settle it would be to go to a hotel so all of us could be in the same room.

Thank you to all for your kind and supportive comments about my sister. It is so nice to hear from you.

No comments: