Thursday, November 27, 2008

One thing about our family, never plan on the original plans to actually take place. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Annabel learned a new favorite - Mom's pigs in a blanket. They are delicious but I had tried to get her to taste them before without any luck. Today she decided she loves them. There are lots of buns in China that have meat fillings, but the bun is usually steamed while ours is baked. Same idea, but a different format. I much prefer our version!

A long time friend stopped by on her way from Houston to Denton. I had not seen her since our 10 year high school reunion which was a long time ago. It was a short visit but good to catch up. Our lives have taken so many twists and turns that I don't think either of us could have guessed.

When I got home from work, the girls were busy decorating ornaments. They did a fantastic job. I've got to get my camera ready for pictures tomorrow! Some of these ornaments need to be posted too.

Since it was Wednesday, dinner was at Luby's.

I remembered just three months ago going to Luby's with all 4 girls and Annabel really not understanding anything that was happening. Today she is confident in her choices, understands enough to know we are eating there, and where we are going afterward.

We stopped at the grocery store for just a few items and ended up with 12 greeting cards so I could get 4 stuffed animals free. I know they have plenty of stuffed animals, but these were free and so cute.

The girls were so good during church and everyone was so glad to see them.

After we got home it was back to making Christmas decorations. The girls love to have a project to work on and I'm glad to have the help and their creativity.

We are looking forward to tomorrow. It will be the first time we have had Thanksgiving at Mom and Dad's in years. The girls plan to help with all the cooking. They do a great job. I will just be glad if the weather can hold out for everything to get out some.

All of these plans are so different from what we originally planned to do. We were supposed to be in Austin on Thanksgiving but due to multiple changes we will wait to go until Friday. That's Lisa's birthday and we plan to help her celebrate.

1 comment:

lisa said...

Hurry up and get here, I can't wait! (except my house is messy...)