Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Some humor from Reader's Digest!

Checking out of the grocery store, I noticed the bag boy eyeing my two adopted children. They often draw scrutiny, since my son's a blond Russian, while my daughter has shiny black Haitian skin.

The boy continued staring as he carried our groceries to the car. Finally he asked, "Those your kids?"

"They sure are," I said with pride.

"They adopted?"

"Yes," I replied.

"I thought so," he concluded. "I figured you're too old to have kids that small."

3 comments:

Marcie said...

HAHAHAHA!

I was just logging on to harass you for not having written in over 24 hours.
Thanks for the funny.

lisa said...

HAHAHA! From me too. At first I read it as you were in the story, but then I realized you don't have a boy child. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Holly said...

I can relate! LOL!! I don't like to think of how old I would have been at each of my children's births were they mine biologically. LOL! There was a Wal-Mart cashier when May was about 2 who said something like, "You sure do love your Grandma, don't you?" This was while May and I were shopping WITHOUT Grandma.:-) The look on May's face was priceless, like, "Yes, but what's that got to do with anything here and now?" LOL! I said, "She sure DOES love her Grandma,and her Mama, too!"