Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Lisa!



I didn't have a lot of company on the way to Austin as you can see. Everyone had their special way of passing the three hours!






It is 8:00 p.m. and I have three little girls in the bathroom talking like long lost friends. One on the potty, one getting out of the shower and one getting in. One the outside, I have one girl who iss busy cutting up an apple and peeping her head into the bathroom so she isn't left out.

That bathroom has probably never gotten more use, been steamier, or had that odor!

So is that a gross way to start this post?

The four girls have talked incessantly since we left Dallas. They just can't seem to get caught up I guess.

Today Annabel got to meet her other 2 cousins, Katie and Casey, and her Uncle Ken.

She is crazy about all of them and it was hard to tear her away tonight. She especially loves all their dogs and begged to get to take just one home with her.

Listening to her today makes me realize she sounds like a very Italian New Yorker! I never understand where their accents come from, but she is so dramatic in her expressions that you can almost see her saying, I got a deal for you!

Thank goodness our trip was uneventful even though there was rain off and on and it is not nearly as cold as predicted.

We left late because we had to stop and buy gas, but caught up with Mom and Dad at Braum's in Hillsboro.

Everything around Lisa's house has grown up so much and there are now major freeways close to her house. I konw it sounds crazy that I have not seen this since she is only 3 hours away, but the whole time that Jana lived in Round Rock, I always had to go there. Then when she moved to Dallas we only returned a few times to help her pack up and move. There are so many memories through this area I don't know how Lisa has done it. As soon as I saw the words Round Rock it brought a tear, as Jana loved that city.

I remain on hypervigilance for any evidence of the girls being in distress but they have plenty of support and nothing seems to be an issue.

So we made it to Lisa's and immediately took over her house!

This is a reenactment of a picture of Darcey as a baby when she put her head through the doggie door at Lisa's house. I will have to find the old one so you can compare.


Lisa always knows good places to eat and this was no exception. Huge burgers and great fries.


Time to close as it we are in our hotel room and I have 4 really tired little girls.

1 comment:

lisa said...

Hey, thanks for posting that great photo of me! You guys being down here was the GREATEST!! I loved every minute of all the craziness...and it WAS crazy wasn't it? ;) I'm going to sign in as you in a minute and post the pix I took of the girls.