Friday, November 14, 2008

Pumpkin Pie

I think I need to set my alarm earlier.

This morning Grace woke me up wanting me to fix her hair. I can barely open one eye and she is standing there with her brush and 2 rubber bands waiting on me to fix her hair! I did get it fixed before she left, but not while I was still in bed.

This was the first time that we had piano after the girls staying until 5:00 at school.

I picked up the piano teacher's son from dance before picking up Grace. Annabel has decided she needs to stay home with Mom and Dad while we are gone to piano.

My passengers then are a first grade guy and Grace.

I guess I feel compelled to make everyone comfortable so I talk none stop. I told Grace that he was studying tap. No, not studying tap, taking tap.

The conversation turned to their Thanksgiving feast they served for lunch at school today.

Grace enjoyed the turkey, but Annabel was suspicious of it and had a burrito instead. Can you see our Thanksgving table? If she had chosen a sandwich or just the vebgetables it would not have been as funny, but a burrito? And with strawberry milk! Bleaccchhhhh!

Our guest explained that the dressing tasted like the inside of carpet and looked the same too. I don't know if that is the paddding or not, but think he is right on a lot of dressing I have had.

Grace mentioned they had pumpkin pie for dessert. But not the regular kind, this had the bread on top too. So this pumpkin pie had bread on the top and bottom. Of course I know she meant crust, but could visualize a cafeteria pumpkin pie that was made of 2 pieces of white bread. Yuck!!

Tonight I broke away to the bathroom only to be disrupted with screams and squeals from the kitchen. There was a bug in the drawer! They seemed stumped on how to take care of it! So I grabbed the bug spray and drowned it.

Then I knew I needed to clean out the whole drawer, which was the last thing I wanted to do tonight. I really just wanted to sit down. For a minute. That's all. But I unloaded the dishwasher to reload it with everything in the drawer. Bless Annabel's heart. She kept offering to help but I knew I could get through faster along. Besides I would really rather she eat 2 oranges than help with something so simple. She had stuck out her tongue at me earlier and I tried to explain that was not appropriate to do to your mother. We'll see.

I'm not sure what has changed, but tonight Annabel was shouting Woo! Hoo!, tomorrow is Friday. My sentiments exactly!

No comments: