Thursday, October 9, 2008

After a day of downturns, a scene that could warm anyone's heart

Today I got a phone call from a credit card company wanting to know when I was planning to pay. I was sure someone had stolen my credit, but no, the charges for our airline tickets had gotten lost in the mail. Our trip to China is still unpaid. How did that slip my mind? I haven't had much going on lately :)>

In the mail today, there was a package for Annabel.

I handed it to her and she immediately shouted "Woo! Hoo!"

She had no clue what it was or what it meant, just glad something came with her name on it.

Inside was a Bible in Chinese.

She absolutely loves it! She began immediately reading it. I thought of the Ethiopian in the Bible who did not understand what he was reading. The discussion between she and Grace was amazing, mostly in Chinese. Grace was trying to explain what she had read. Grace continually spread her arms and said, "all of it", I believe in an effort to explain that God was Father of all.

Annabel ended up hugging the Bible to her chest and sent me back to get it to put by her bed to go to sleep.

Thanks Ann! Mom told me you had ordered it.

I guess instead of wasting time worrying over the unpaid airline tickets, I need to remember to consider the lillies of the field, they neither toil or spin.

4 comments:

Holly said...

I love Ann. I have no clue who Ann is. What a WONDERFUL gift that was for Annabel. And. what a WONDERFUL sister Grace is for aiding in the understanding. Love from Colorado, -Holly

lisa said...

Aw, I do love reading your blog. I'm also glad you are so open to the lovely opportunities this second child is bringing you. Whichever Ann bought the bible - yeah for her. What a gift!

Jerri said...

Ann is such a good person. She helped so much in getting Grace here. She is endless in her support of my family and me.

Marcie said...

This almost made me cry. I have been thinking alot lately about such matters, and I am so glad that she has a bible that she can understand. Now I can't wait to help explain things when she speaks better english!