Monday, October 27, 2008

It's a whole new world!

Our lives have changed so much with the addition of Annabel and I wonder if she realizes the good impact she has had. It is difficult to tell her how life is so much better with her.

This morning is a great example.

It turned cold over night and the heat had not come on yet so you can imagine how toasty and warm it felt under the covers. Pre-Annabel, I would have stayed in bed until the last second and then Grace and I would run around like chickens with our heads cut off, pulling on clothes, grabbing something for breakfast on the way out, and starting our day in such a rush that it took an hour to calm down.

Grace and I had gotten into a rut and nothing seemed to budge us. Also since my sister passed away, I have been in such a deep funk that I just could not get up, much less motivated about anything.

But with Annabel it doesn't matter if I am in a funk or not, I have to get up. She HAS to have breakfast. I cannot imagine sending her off without something to eat and sometimes it is a struggle to find something she will eat. (Still lots of requests for the "Good Morning Soup"). Plus she does not want to be late, for anything, especially for school. It is a lot like living with Dad!!!

I had no energy left to post last night because we took a long bike ride and then took the dogs for a walk. I am determined to get into better shape.

Our refrigerator is stocked with fresh fruit, something I normally just let ruin. Today we scarf down 2 oranges at a time. I am so glad that Grace and I are changing our tastes and it is for the better. But we also are trying to impact Annabel. She likes very few vegetables, especially the RAW ones! She will pick out any and every sign of a tomato in anything she eats. She loves corn, but know she needs something "green and leafy"! Don't we all??

With each day bringing the anniversary of my sister's passing closer, the scarier it becomes. There were no warning signs and so I must work to become strong and healthy to meet the challenges of raising my daughters.

2 comments:

lisa said...

I'm really proud of you for the changes you're making. I think Jana would be too. I know she's be super proud of the mom you've become since Annabel joined your family. I see new found grace, confidence, and understanding, where before you doubted yourself.

Take good care, you're the only sister I've got left. :) Don't cry!!

Marcie said...

You both are making me sad, and I am at school and can't show emotion to these crazy kids or they will take over my classroom! I have been thinking a lot about Jana lately - especially wtih Halloween coming. I want to be like her for all my cousins (wish G and D could be here). Jana always went with us to the Rosemont carnival, and dressed up! I also still have so many of her letters that she wrote just to me - they are so special!
Well, maybe I should write my own blog entry on this, haha.