Sunday, October 12, 2008

Where you boy, Marcie?

I love Saturdays that are not cluttered with required appointments. After our week started with unexpected doctor's appointments and ended with huge unexpected bills, it was so nice to take it slower on Saturday.

We went to the Urban Street Bazaar, with our actual destination being the Green Pet Store. I had received an email they were planning a big sale and can't risk getting the dogs something cheaper.

Very artistic individuals had their crafts for sell, each one more unique than the next.

But we were on a mission for cheap dog items!

Instead of things for the dogs, I started my Christmas shopping for the girls. They had cute nightshirts with dogs, stuffed dogs, anything with dogs are the girls favorites right now.

We ran into my niece Marcie and her husband Drew.

Somehow Annabel did not recognize Drew as being Marcie's husband and kept asking, "What you boy, Marcie?" . Then when he disappeared for a minute (hiding my purchases) she asked, "Where you boy, Marcie?". I couldn't help but laugh.

Later we went to the downtown library where they actually have Chinese books for children.

While checking out, the librarian told Annabel that the email address on her account was wrong. Did she want to change it?

She kept saying, "I no English". But he didn't understand and/or couldn't hear her.

I stepped in and explained that she did not understand English, but her sister did. (I was still trying to get my books checked out.)

Grace steps up and the man says, "Do you know your email address?"

Blink. Blink.

"Can you tell me if this is the correct email address?"

Blink. Blink.

I'm not sure why Grace loses all her English sometimes, but she did not seem to understand him.

I finally got my books checked out and asked him again what they had as the email address. He read it off and I did the old "blink. blink."

Grace finally stepped in and told him they had too many numbers.

It took all three of us to get that email address right! Too bad none of us spoke English yesterday!

My parents left for a week long cruise to New England and Canada this morning. I am so glad they decided to go. Well deserved time off and beautiful scenery. For those who see the seasons change, they don't know that in Texas it usually happens over night. One good cold snap changes the leaves and then a storm blows them off!

Only now I am left with being responsible for all the meals this week!!! Oops!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

You 3 no English!! LOL!

Hey - if you have a rice cooker and a crockpot you will be all set for meals this week! If you need some recipes, shoot me an email.

Love from Colorado (where it snowed for a shirt while during the night last night!) -Holly