Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Asker, a typical conversation

Grace: "Wan Yun, what are you doing?"

Annabel: "Asker"

Grace: "No, what are you doing?"

Annabel: "Asker!!"

Grace: "Mom, make her tell me what she is doing!!!"

Annabel: "ASKER!!!!!"

I think Annabel thinks we are pretty dumb sometimes when she is sure she has explained things to us.

It also explains why I am a little short on memory, have trouble making sense, etc!!

The beginning of this conversation happened in their bedroom.

I thought we were going to read, so I arrived with my book after everyone was ready for bed. Only Grace began working on a project for school. Annabel does not have a book in Chinese right now, so she got out some paper, a pen, and started drawing.

Grace was curious as to what Annabel was doing, but instead of asking her, she asked me.

So I told her, "Ask her."

So Grace said, "Wan Yun, what are you doing?"

Annabel answered what I had said, "Asker".

It took the third time for her to answer this way before I realized she wasn't just acting like a smarty, she THOUGHT she was answering appropriately. At least she had answered the same way I did.

So I explained that ASKER was actually ask her.

1 comment:

Holly said...

HEE! Classic! This takes me back to Irene's "Mimic and agree" phase. Keep your sense of humor and loads of patience! You are doing great! XXXOOO, Holly