Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tigger and Pooh

Tonight emphasized the distinct personalities of my two girls. They are the yin and yang of the universe or in more practical terms, Tigger and Pooh.

When we got home the girls decided to take the dogs for a walk.

Grace takes Ollie and begins walking up and down the sidewalk.

Annabel takes Nina and they begin to race up and down the sidewalk. When Annabel rounded the corner and up the walk to the house, it looked like she had a dust mop on a string, only it was Nina going so fast that you couldn't see her legs. They would both crash for a few minutes and run off again.

Then from the opposite direction would come Grace and Ollie, as if on their Sunday stroll.

I suggested they might want to switch dogs so Nina could have a break and Ollie could burn off some energy.

I think if Annabel thought of it and if Nina could jump they would definitely look like Tigger.

Then come Grace and Ollie at such a steady pace, you know that Winnie the Pooh would be done proud!

Yesterday we all got flu shots.

I didn't dare tell them that I got so anxious facing the same shot that the nurse thought I was going to pass out. I am such a sissy. I'm glad my girls bravely jumped up there and held still.

We all woke up with sore arms today, but Tigger had to get to school. Pooh and I would have easily stayed in bed under the guise of a reaction to the shot!

I hope we can avoid some of the bugs we got last year. If you are reading this and have not gotten your flu shot, please make plans to get yours.

1 comment:

lisa said...

Oh my gosh! This made me laugh so hard. I can just see them exactly as you described!! Grace could so be your natural born child. :)

Excellent descriptions and a great read. I hope Ollie got his exercise from Tigger later!