Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ollie is so upset tonight! And Nurse Momma!

Ollie cannot find his special toy tonight. I have looked everywhere for his red kong toy so we could play catch, but I cannot imagine where it is hidden this time. And so he has just moped all evening. Nothing else is nearly as good!

Each morning and evening we are going through all our medications for the girls. I know they are ready to feel better quickly. Each has their medicine and then drops in Annabel's ears. She pulls away and so afraid of potential pain each time. I do hope it improves in a hurry.

Annabel came home with a note again from Ms.Wu.

Today she wanted to know if we could make 2 sets of pictures of her. She explained to me that she wanted to send one set to her Bobba and the other for herself! I thought she wanted to send it to the Social Welfare Institute.

She also wanted to send 2 small cars to her "brother" in China, his foster sister's son, I think.

One last thing, she wanted to know if we could buy the DVD of the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. I tracked down a link someone else had sent and found it was $30. I wasn't clear though if it was for us or her teacher Ms. Wu. The story started off with some big thing, which I think is the TV in Ms. Wu's room not working? DVD not working? DVD missing? Remote control not working? Grace didn't seem to know what she was talking about. All of the above choices were acted out but still wasn't sure which it was.

I got a call yesterday afternoon from the assistant principal. He was planning to call the multi-lingual department for some help for Annabel. Woo! Hoo! Conversationally she is doing great! But as he pointed out, for reading comprehension and writing, that understanding is very far behind. I told him about the teacher making the comment about her not caring if you could speak English or not, you had to do what she said. He was very compassionate and I greatly appreciated the call.

Thanks to all of you who read our blog. I am so surprised that anyone is still following our journey. I am especially surprised to see how far reaching our blog is. I never thought I could connect with people so far away about such an important topic.

4 comments:

lisa said...

Did I ever tell you I put all those pictures I took in my proof gallery? Probably not. Annabel and Grace might like to see themselves, even if they are in miniature!

Holly said...

I never feel far away from you, Jerri, even though I have never met you! We are just so similar. I am so happy to hear that Annabel will be getting some ELL services! WOO HOO!! That should be helpful. And, good for you for mentioning the "mind me even if you cannot understand me" teacher to the VP! Yay!! Your family is doing so well. I love your blog. Thank you for letting me sky in on you and your life!! Love from CO, Holly

Holly said...

PS - May threw Cosmos' kong over the fence of our backyard the other day. We back to a fairly large Open Space and people sometimes walk their dogs back there. I wonder what dog is enojying Cos' kong these days? Sigh. He doesn't miss it, because his fav toys are the balls that have lots of hexagons for holding/throwing and they are made of that indestructable "rubber." I love throwing them because they do not get all slobbery. Do you ever fill the kong with peanut butter?? I never tried that, even though everyone assumes that you do (I guess the instructions say to do it?). XXXOOO, Holly

Marcie said...

Clark has his favorite toys too, but I think it is less about the toy, and more that it is just something that he can sink his teeth into.

What kind of help did the VP offer? Are they going to do anything about the teacher? Do you want me to call them and tell them what's up? (that was a Mom moment)