Sunday, September 14, 2008

FCC Culture Day and where is Ike?

Saturday began with the threat of Hurricane Ike causing all manner of destruction and problems for our area. But we had a fun party to get to so we headed out to the annual FCC Culture Day. Annabel was so excited to go to a party. I wasn't sure how else to describe culture day. There were so many great exhibits, crafts to make, photos to snap, lunch, seeing old and new friends, any concern about the decision to go disappeared.




Self portrait by Annabel. My camera is her favorite thing to use! I left out a lot of pictures because I didn't think you wanted to see the ceilings, floors, and walls!

Annabel wowed everyone with her ability to write in Chinese. Everyone involved in this activity had to tell me how smart she was. I believe it for sure!

Grace found another instrument she could play and played it very well. She was playing Twinkle Twinkle in a matter of minutes on this traditional Chinese instrument. The man who showed her how said there was no one in the area who could teach her to play. How sad! I think I will keep looking though.



Thank the Good Lord, Ike caused very few problems for us. It instead hung around Paris, Texas so long that it almost floated away! Dad was disappointed that we did not get the 4-6 inches that were forecast.
We were glad to hear that our relatives were all safe. They chose not to evacuate, but are fine. Some do not have power, but all are safe and that's what matters! The clouds here made an incredible display at sunset here as Ike moved out of the area.

No comments: