Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Got one of those Chenglish words wrong and remembered another!

Nigh is not what they are saying, it is Aye - meaning me, my, or I, so Annabel told me Aye how tong pee pee, meaning my bottom hurts!

But the one used most often is
Kwi Kwi - hurry, hurry, only we usually have to say, kwi, kwi, kwi - hurry, hurry, hurry!
With only 3 there is always one slow one. We take turns it seems like.

Thankfully my friend Holly just sent some more phrases. I plan to shock them on my expertise in Chinese this afternoon. Going to write them on my shirt sleeve! Oh wait, wearing a sleeveless shirt. That won't work!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Jerri - If your kids are like mine, they will give you a funny look and pretend not to understand you. hee!
XXXOOO, Holly

Jerri said...

Holly, phrases did not help with communication but cause a GOOD laugh!!

Jerri said...

Your blog is the best read on the Internet. I visit everyday hoping you've updated it. Imagining you speaking Chinese is pretty funny stuff. I can't wait to see Grace and ask her how good you are!
ps - I can never remember my stupid password so I have to sign in as you! :)