Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Glad for a rut for a change!

We have actually had two days in a row without much going on and it has been so nice. Tonight I made it outside while they were riding their bikes. I am bound and determined to train these crazy dogs, but they still have a different idea. So we enjoyed being outside together.

It is so much fun to hear Grace laugh.

I have never heard her laugh as much before as she does now with her sister. It is so great. When they are outside it is just a constant in the background.

Last night I tried to help Annabel with her math homework. It is on place values and decimals. That is pretty hard to act out! Some of the word problems we just had to skip.

One of the teachers told Grace that Annabel needs to practice her English on the internet. OK. That would be great if we had a computer for them. The only one we have is my laptop and I am not sharing! So I guess that we will keep acting out our English words instead! It makes it a real family affair.

OK, we have just had a talk about our bowels! Have you ever tried to understand when a child is telling you in Chinese that they are constipated? The acting out on this one was hysterical. We have now acted out normal bowel movements and constipated ones. Thank goodness we are not trying to convey diarrhea tonight!

When I read of others' experiences in China and home, I feel truly blessed as to the ease of the adjustments Annabel has made. She is a remarkable child and obviously brilliant! She takes after her mom and sister!

No comments: