Friday, July 4, 2008

Grace and eye surgery

Tomorrow morning, Grace will have eye surgery. When I adopted her, her special needs were listed as hep b+, tongue tied, and cross eyed. Within a matter of hours I knew she wasn't tongue tied :). The hep b+ has been ruled out. The only blood test I found she had was when she was first discovered at age 2 weeks. Soon after they began the hep b series, so she will always test false positive.

But her eyes were different. She was cross eyed because she needed glasses so badly. I have a picture of her when she is about 3 years old with the biggest glasses you have ever seen. David Letterman used to have a segment called "old men in big glasses". Grace's were bigger than any of theirs!

She didn't have her glasses long though as her foster brother broke them and then flushed them down the toilet? I put a question mark because they did not have a toilet, but a squatty potty. I know I wouldn't put my hand down in one for glasses!

She has worn glasses since we came home, but our last visit to the ophthalmologist showed she no longer need them! Hurrah! But her right eye still wanders. So she is having surgery tomorrow to correct it. It should only last 30 minutes, but doesn't help mom's anxiety!

I'll post a picture of them in their decorated transportation later!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Just remember how easy the surgery was last time! And also remember that God is great and will take care of everything. Grace will be fine. Give her a bowl of ice cream when you get home and let her watch Harry Potter and she will be better in no time!

Also, I would like to supply your toothpaste, toothbrushes, and all the other toiletries you need to go to China. Just let me know what you prefer!