Saturday, July 5, 2008

Melted cheese on stale tostadas for dinner and how an organizing guru made it all better!

This has been a long day. Grace and I were at Presbyterian Hospital by 7:15 a.m. It was odd to be the parent returning to the hospital I spent so much time at in my 20's. We did not go well prepared for long waits. The surgery was scheduled for 9:00 a.m. At 11:00 a.m. they took her to the pre-surgery area. From there we waited another hour before the surgery finally started at 12:15. We were discharged at 5:00 p.m.

Thank goodness we had plenty of distractions though from Grandmother, Poppa, GiGi, and Darcey. We also had quite a few who called to check on us.

The surgery itself was only about 30 minutes. I am so glad to have this completed and just waiting on the recovery.

When we finally headed home, we drove through Chick Fil A, as Grace had only had pudding and apple juice and I had a biscuit and sausage. Somewhere down the line I lost my appetite and ended up eating stale tostadas and cheese for dinner!

We go back Monday for him to check her progress.

The best part of the day was my new organizing GURU Marsha, had completely worked over Grace and Anabel's room. There might actually be room to fit two girls in after all!

No comments: