Friday, July 25, 2008

Which is more important? Packing or Sleep?

I know I need to be in bed but I am so afraid I am forgetting something important. I have all kinds of check lists, but I can't make everything fit into the bags the way I want them to.

Everyone has warned me that I would be charged for all the extra bags, but I just checked American Airlines website and they say for connecting international flights there is no charge. That makes it a lot easier. I was trying to fit 2 or 3 suitcases into one to avoid penalties. Now I can pack like a reasonable person, check most of it and not worry about it. I'm not sure how strict they are about a purse, a backpack, and a carry on bag. I know I asked for your votes, but I feel like the Estelle Getty character from Golden Girls and can't go without a purse! Bless her heart, I saw where she passed away this week.

I have to say huge thanks to so many who have been there to help with last minutes choices, crises, decisions, and other help. If I start to name everyone than I know I will leave someone out.

But I have to say a special thank you to my co-workers, Gloria and Audrey. It is always difficult for me to be off from work. But with them in charge, I can leave without a worry. They handle things better than I could ever! Thank you guys for listening, praying, caring, and providing so many things I needed on this trip.

Maybe more later, but I have to go to bed!

Oh yeah, we at least had a good send off meal at Golden Corral! I shouldn't eat again for days!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I am the 1% who voted to take BOTH a purse and a backpack. You carry a small purse and throw the backpack onto one of the girls! LOL! :-) I carried my purse (shoulder, fabric with a fun design) all over China, including my hikes along the Great Wall. You don't have to take a Queen of England type of purse. Your purse can be stylin'! Go, Girl! Oh - and packing is more important than sleep! Stay up all night and sleep on the plane. Saves on arrival jet lag. Can't wait to follow along with all the MANY digital pictures you will post!! That is a GREAT gift from your mom and dad! Yippeeee!! Love from Colorado, -Holly (Mom to 3 from Jiangxi)