Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New friends

I have to take just a quick minute to tell about new friends.

One of the best parts of adopting is meeting all the other wonderful people who have also adopted. I know many just through email as they are from all over the world.

One of those is Lori from Colorado. She was in Nanchang just before we were there to adopt Grace and we shared the same guide and many stories about adjustment to "home" life afterward.

Lori has always been so quick and kind to answer any of my emails sharing knowledge she has gained from adopting an older child.

Lori had a friend Holly who also went to Nanchang to adopt.

Holly actually met our Anabel when she was there last August! She has provided me with so much information that I needed to hear and so many cute pictures. I will post then later. Holly made it all the way through my blog in one night providing wonderful comments and scriptures along the way.

Another "friend" are the members of RECPTA. This is the early childhood PTA for our school. My mother was a member when we were kids. If you needed to know the size of a gnat to purchase it a business suit made in Holland of materials from South America, I believe someone in that group would know how to do it. I have never met a more resourceful group. These are the wonderful women who took care of our family after Jana passed away. They provided so many meals that I will always be indebted to them.

Our FCC group is another. This is the Families with Children from China. They are always there providing information, support, and friendship.

Thank you all for all the ways you have helped.
Jerri

No comments: