Thursday, July 31, 2008

Who could ask for more than your first Barbie!

I started this post below, but have just been made to review very sobering documents. For those who have adopted from here it is not news. But to see not only in print, but certified and notarized about your new daughter's birth just leaves you with a sadness that is hard to describe.

On Tuesday we took care of the preparation of our official documents.

It was nothing new. New buildings, some faces the same.

But tonight Guilan delivered what had been processed and made me understand the gravity of the correctness of each word and number.

There is one document called the Abandonment Certificate. It states that a female baby was found outside a government office on 7/28/97. Her birth was set as 4 days earlier on 7/24/97.

The next paragraph states that inquiries were made for the next 2 months, but her natural parents could not be found. Therefore she is considered abandoned.

The next document is her birth certificate.

It simply states her name the orphanage gave her, the birth day they gave her, and says parents: unknown, place of birth: unknown.

I feel for these birth parents. I have no clue what motivated them to leave this tiny baby when she was only 4 days old.

I wonder if they still think about her on her birthday?

Was she the second child? Or did they want and need a boy? Were her parents so poor they simply could not afford to feed her?

You know it must have been desperation though. I cannot imagine a parent simply leaving a child without good circumstances.


She is such a spitfire I hope someday if she wants and it can be accomplished that she meets these parents to let them know she did survive. While she still may be my child with the multiple tattoes and piercings, I think she has the spirit to accomplish great things. To consider how hard her life has been in just 11 short years is unbearable to me. She believes her foster mother saved her life. That is at least the 3rd person who thinks they saved her life when she was about 2 years old. She evidently was extremely weak and dehydrated and while it may have been several humanns, I believe it was God who interceded on her behalf. So many of these children die, many without names, but she survived being abandoned, her first 2 years in the orphanage, a foster family, being removed from them and now to our home. Please pray that her soul can remain strong and open to the love from all of you.

OK, sorry, probably just jet lag.
Does anyone know if Sonic delivers? I need a Route 44 anything, just something really cold with a lot of crushed ice. Or Starbucks! Wow! An iced coffee or better yet an iced latte! Life can be so good.

Tomorrow morning I have to take pictures of the breakfasts these girls have been eating, so Grandmom will know what to prepare. Today's special was Lotus Root and tofu. Yummmm! They have taken the potatoes off the menu so I am down to a variety of toast and a croissant and some bacon with the strongest cup of coffee you have ever seen.

For lunch, noodles of course! We spread the blanket on the floor and they slurp those noodles like they are gourmet snacks. If Mom and Dad had not gotten me the 2 little cans of tuna, I would be gone by now. I can't remember to buy bread for a peanut butter sandwich.

For those who don't know us that well, are you seeing an important on food?

This morning we planned to go to the market. I wanted to get the most for the money people had given to buy things for the orphanage. When I saw the shoes and the condition of Wan Yun's feet and the problem we contend with for Grace, I decided shoes would be the best. They will deliver them soon and I will add a picture. I let her pick for her closest friends and bought some that were a little better. We tried to get a wide variety and before I knew it think we spent too much. Anyway, it is great to have Guilan with us as she got them to deliver them to our room rather than try to carry them all the way.

I tried my best to get Wan Yun to buy another outfit, but that was a lost cause. Especially after we bought some faux barbies.

I will add pictures later. Right now I am very hungry and since I am out of cash, we are going to eat downstairs where I can charge it to the room and pay with American Express later!

No comments: