Monday, July 14, 2008

Starting the coundown!


Our house seems very quiet tonight, Gillian and Darcey went home. Grace and I don't seem to know what to do with ourselves. Gillian has such a creative imagination. They played Harry Potter with their Barbies. Gillian has always called them "games". They start a new game, which means they start at a different place in their story. While they were here Gillian baked 2 kinds of brownies, 2 cakes, made cookies, and doggie treats, that's in addition to all the meals she helped prepare. We had frozen pizza tonight since our chef left.


It is just a little over 11 days until we leave. I started packing a suitcase for Anabel, going through stacks of hand me downs from Grace determining what to take and what to leave here. I know we will end up buying her new clothes there, but want to take her 2 outfits to get started. One thing I still need to buy though are some pajamas and underwear. Grace has a tendency to wear them out.

Marcie took the toiletry bags to fill with all the girly girl stuff both girls will need! Thank you Marcie!

I turned in my paperwork for FMLA leave from work. I know if it is like last time though, I was even handling business issues in China.

Grace and I have new shoes and haircuts and she and her sister have matching carry on bags and backpacks.
We have several bags of toothbrushes and toothpaste that people have sent.

I might actually be ahead of schedule IF .... Grace only had a passport and we had visas. I am trying my best to avoid a quick trip to Houston. More later.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Do you have to go through Houston for the Visas? We used Carol Fredericks with Dependable Adoption Visas and she was fabulous! FAST!! Only a $50 courier fee for all the family's Visas. She is in the DC area. carol@dependable-acs.com
Give her a shot. Good luck! -Holly