Thursday, August 28, 2008

I know I need to catch up!

School improved drastically for Annabel once Grace transferred into her class. I'm not convinced that it is the best idea for Grace though. But for three days it has worked. I'm afraid to say more.

They even tried buying lunch today. Who knows, maybe I won't be trying to think of ways to provide a balanced meal without a sandwich!

In the afternoons, Annabel appears to know everyone who is in 5th grade, giving them high fives, hugs, pokes I'm not sure how she knows them all and how she talks to them!

Each night at bedtime, Annabel says, Mom, Grace, baby, me, no baby. Meaning that Grace has a baby doll and she does not.

We received a Wal Mart gift card from a friend and knew just what we needed to buy tonight.

I've never seen a child more excited about a baby doll. We had to look at every choice and at Wal Mart there were lots of them. She finally picked one that came with all the extras. She reluctantly put it in the shopping cart. She even had to talk to the doll while in the shopping cart. All she wanted to know was if she could open it before she went to bed. She worked to take all the pieces apart and just in time for bed.

Grace was not thrilled with the whole thing and we will have to work on that. She loved helping buy things for her in China, but now it is different.

I went back to work today and think my mind is on work and harder to write. I tried to download my pictures and could not make the camera work. Glad that tomorrow is the last day of the week and a three day weekend.

Maybe I can get more creative over the weekend.

No comments: