Thursday, August 7, 2008

How fast can 2 weeks speed by?

It is so hard to believe we have only been here for 2 weeks when we have had a lifetime of experiences. Yet it only feels like a few days since the start of our journey.

We have a quiet day (I hope)!

We must check out of the hotel by 3:00 and then to the airport at 5:00. The flight doesn't take off until 8:00 to Hong Kong, then leave Hong Kong for LA at 11:40 pm, arrive LA at 9:55pm (no wonder we have jet lag!). The last leg is LA to Dallas leaving 12:30 am Saturday morning, arrive DFW 5:25am.

My mom has already promised I can take a long nap at their house when we return! And she has made a cake that I get to eat by myself. Probably won't but it is a nice offer.

I have to start packing and decide if we need to buy a new suitcase. We brought 2 suitcases full of gifts for the orphanage and I guess that shows how we as Americans are that I can fill them up and still need an extra.

I had asked others for advice on what to buy then bought very little of what anyone recommended. Most was only available on Shamian Island and I just couldn't do it.

I have a LOT of the China girl dresses that will fit Wan Yun but none for Grace.

I am only rambling as I face the stresses of this day.

I cannot thank you enough for all the prayers, emails. blog comments, new friends, and everything else that has made this trip so special.

No comments: