Sunday, August 10, 2008

We're not in Kansas any more, Toto!

















Wow! What a great welcome home.

When we stumbled past the windows of the luggage carousel, there was Mom, Dad, Gillian, Darcey, and my niece Marcie, waving signs and smiling and snapping pictures.

How wonderful to see all of them.

We had passed exhaustion and just become punchy zombies.

Dad drove up in my car to pick us up and I had the most wonderful surprise! A clean car! It is one of those things that has been on my list of things to do for the last 2 years! But somewhere during the last week in China I began to dream about how wonderful it would be! It was even better than my dream! Thanks Dad!

I know it was over 100 degrees, but have never seen anywhere more beautiful in my life!

The drive home seemed oddly familiar but separated by much more than 2 weeks.

I guessed something as up when Gillian insisted that we all go into our house first.

I was the surprised recipient of Extreme Home Makeover, Mission Organization, Design on a Dime, and all the others that help make a house livable.

It was beautiful. I cannot even describe it.

When I came home with Grace, Dad had completed the re-do of my bathroom that had been started 4 years before! I missed the initial reaction of Grace in her house by being overwhelmed by the bathroom.

This time I was so overwhelmed with the whole house that I missed Annabel coming into her house for the first time.

Mom kept insisting that I look in the refrigerator.

There were complete meals for several days from our good FCC friends. Wow! And you talk about delicious! I had not had anything that delcious in weeks!!! OK, only 2 weeks and I fear I might have lost an ounce of weight while gone :).

The girls began playing and I tried to take a nap, but knew I had to get our dogs, a shower, the girls a shower and start the long process of unpacking.

The girls fell asleep at Mom and Dad's, Grace on the couch, and somehow Annabel under the coffee table, right as dinner was served! Oh no! I could not get them awake to eat. Only washing their faces with a wet rag got them up at all and it involved a lot of crying, whining, etc.

I am so glad to be just next door and not have a long drive home.

I walked the girls into the bathroom, found some pajamas, washed face, legs, and feet, guided them toward their beds, and everyone was asleep by 7:30.

Only they woke up very early, about 3:00 a.m. and were hungry. Too bad Mom couldn't wake up to help.




























2 comments:

Holly said...

LOL!! Asleep under the coffee table. That's a new one on me! LOL!! Thanks for the laugh! I loved your reaction to your home. Best of luck with the evil jet lag! Love from Colorado, -Holly

Louanne said...

That is the most super cool thing ever that your family did for you!!