Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Not a day that will live in infamy!

Everyone seemed bored, tired, grouchy, or just malaise, or is that a condition?

So I came up with the brilliant idea of going out for lunch to McDonalds. But then I thouht about my free coupon for Chick Fill Al, so we went there instead. Plenty of good chicken strips, sauces, topped off with an icedream. yum!

After that we headed to Target to get an idea on school uniforms, hopefully some underwear that would not fall off Annabel, and a baby doll for her.

I had a basket full of stuff that I planned to buy, when my niece Gillian came running up and said she had just thrown up. Then did it again for good measure and then one more time.

I left the buggy got the other girls to get napkins, I got a small sprite for G, and grabbed some of their empty sacks as air sickness bags.

Then Grace started getting sick again.

Now that is just a good time! They all know I cannot handle the smell of throw up. I try to throw up with them. So now I had 2 in 2 days!

We had another lovely dinner provided but was only able to feed Darcey and Annabel as they were the only 2 with stomachs in working order. I was ordered by Grace and Gillian to save some for when they get well.

So instead of improving the mood for the day, I made it worse!

Thank goodness tomorrow starts anew!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Yesterday is a good example of why Drew won't let me have children or dogs, haha.
I don't think that the power of positive thought affects anyone but yourself - it definitely can not keep someone else from throwing up in Target. And, you forgot to mention the evening activities - more throw up, pedialite (oh yeah, you weren't there for the Pedialite chugging contest), escaping dogs, and disciplined children! Oh the life of a mom!

Holly said...

ew.
I remember one time when I was in high school (back in the dark ages of the mid 70's) and I threw up in the night in my bed. I was soooooooo sick and weak. My Mother came to my room and changed my sheets, while I gagged more watching her. She got me all changed and then sat and comforted me. I turned to her and weakly asked her how in the world she did it - it was SOOOOO gross! She calmly and lovingly replied, "I am a Mother. That is what Mother's do." So sweet. My mom is not a warm and fuzzy mom. She was not very nurturing to me as a child. BUT, in that one Golden Moment ... she taught me how to be a good mom to my own girls. To love through the gross times. To keep on truckin! And, you are, too, Jerri! You are a wonderful Mom and a wonderful Aunt, too. And, you are so needed and IMPORTANT. Keep up the good work!! I would have called over a Target employee and told them, "Clean up on Aisle Nine!" as I grabbed the girls and FLED! LOL! Lots of love from Colorado, -Holly (mom to 3 from Jiangxi)