Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My dream and my poor babies plus something all mothers already knew and I learned today!

I dreamed I woke up to a breakfast of bacon cooked till it was done, waffles, with maple syrup, hash browns, watermelon, and good coffee!

Wow! It was true! The breakfast here at the Holiday Inn is sooooooo much better! It is on a pedestrian street so it is like living at Canton for First Monday. Street vendors, small shops, department stores, just outside the door and NO traffic.

This morning the priority was for a medical examination for Wan Yun. For Grace it was no problem. Just an eye exam, pressing on her stomach, measuring, weighing.

I expected it to be the same this time.

OH NO!!!

Since she is 11 she had to have immunizations, a LOT of them.

She told the guide she was not scared. After the 2nd one she was not so sure, but cried very little. My heart just broke because we have not bonded enough for her to depend on me to comfort her and generally just yells NO at me about everything.

We made it through though and her measurements show she is very underweight. I remember she weighed about 60 lbs, but can't remember the height. Shorter than Grace, taller than Darcey.

I also asked the guide to have the doctor check her ears as I was concerned they might be infected. Of course they are and she cannot go swimming, the one thing she wants to do every day. So similar to Grace. I've tried to get everyone to explain that we can swim at home (not our house. Our first guide thought I was terrible that I did not have a swimming pool since both girls love to swim. obviously doesn't get it, huh?)

Our guide brought us back to the hotel and since she wanted KFC last night decided we would go there for lunch. We buy the family meal that did feed all of us on the last trip. This time feeds us with 1 piece left over!! Then we looked at some beautiful China dresses (about $10, but think I can buy cheaper on the Shamian Island) and then tried to find a new DVD for them for the afternoon. No luck, just a lot of walking.

It finally dawned on me that she was probably beginning to really hurt from the shots. DUH! So we hurried home.

She knows she is supposed to rest but I ran a bath for the girls as it is so hot and they did not shower last night. Also hope it is a good substitute for the swimming.

Now here is the other lesson I learned. If one kid is down, the other is too. Poor Grace feels so taken advantage of sometimes. Any extra sympathy to Wan Yun requires double for Grace.

I have tried to tell her it will take time for us to found our own rhythm and place in our family. But sometimes like today with Wan Yun so cross from being in pain, Grace doesn't think we need to change the rhythm we had.

Thank you all for your prayers. You have provided the strength I have needed to accomplish what could be very difficult. Most people look at us and wonder why and how. I know it is all possible through our faith in God.

Oh by the way. 2 full size beds and Mom slept on the mini chaise lounge. Is that what mothers do? Just kidding. I know my mom slept on the air conditioning vent in my hospital room for almost 10 nights at a time with me. Thank you mom for showing me so much how to show your love.

Ok getting sappy now. Still trying to upload some pictures.

No comments: