Monday, August 11, 2008

Mom and foot surgery

My mom developed a weird thing with her foot that has been very painful.

A million years ago when we were kids and all on a camping trip, that included a Coleman stove, huge metal igloo water cooler, no tents, etc., my mother dropped that huge metal water cooler on her foot trying to get us kids clean clothes after swimming in a lake (YUCK!)

Anyway, basically cut off her big toe and messed up the others.

Spent the rest of the trip, yes, we continue to camp out, with a cast on.

Now all the parts that were never fixed right have broken again.

So she is having surgery today at 12 noon. Please say a prayer on her behalf. She knows she will have a long recovery, but the pain right now is so intense and unbearable she is willing to have the surgery.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Jerri - Prayers for your mom, please tell her that I am thinking about her and if there is anything that they need to let me know. I am soooo glad that you all are home, it sounds like a rough road, but I knew that you all would do fine. You will coninue to get less sleepy and Annabel will continue to learn that love comes in many forms - even in the form of a mom who is telling her to pick up after herself :) I am sorry that I wasn't there to greet you all when you got home and thank Lisa for taking care of the house this time - wish I could have helped! Can't wait to see you all and meet Annabel! Love to you all...