Monday, August 4, 2008

Short post as these girls have got to go to BED!!

They either have to go to bed or we will not be able to wake up tomorrow.

We made the trip from Nanchang to Guangzhou without any problems. Reminiscent of Grace, Wan Yun had to use the bathroom on this very short flight.

The Guangzhou Airport is huge and clean, so different from Nanchang.

The usual guide was busy so he sent a friend named Jack who picked us up in a bus! Got stuck in traffic due to a "celebrity" or something. Police had closed the road for a while.

On our way here a huge storm broke! Still raining, thundering, and lightening. I hope the rain will follow us all the way home!

For those who love the White Swan, you must try this Holiday Inn. The room is huge, separate tub from shower, clean and really pretty.

At the end of a pedestrian street.

9:00 pm and no dinner.

Walked down to a "fast food" noodle shop for dinner and around the corner to ice cream.

Girls are ready for bed and internet cost $1 rmb per minute so good night!

2 comments:

Holly said...

OOoooooo ... I think you must be at the Holiday Inn (Shi Fu?? Was that the name?) that is close to the walking street that has the Pizza Hut, right? I think they call it Number 9 Shopping Street?? Above the Pizza Hut (it is in an indoor mall) is a CD/DVD store that you MUST visit. Let AppleBelle go nuts getting CDs and DVDs to help her keep her Mandarin. They are so cheap, it is shameful. Stay away from the "Bob" series, though, as they are ONLY in English and not bi-lingual. "Hello. How are you? I am fine. I like to go swimming." Yawn. Love from Colorado, Holly

Mindy said...

Hi..My name is Mindy and I live in NJ. I traveled to Nanchang last Sept to bring my daughter (now two) home. I was sent a cd last year of an outing with the older girls from the Nanchang SWI. I have been following your blog (CONGRATULATIONS) and just realized that your daughter might be in some of the photos. I THINK I see her, not sure. Please email me and give me your email address and I will send the photos to you. Maybe some of the girls are your daughter's friends.???? Safe travels and Congrats again...Mindy milkmommy@aol.com