Friday, August 15, 2008

School uniforms and what is that you are eating?

Last night we had another wonderful meal provided by dear friends. With everyone having a stomach virus or other upset, it was so nice to have comfort food. I have never had more delicious mac and cheese and mashed potatoes in my life! We had a whole array of carbs! Also delicious noodles.

Today I am on the hunt for school uniforms.

I hate shopping for uniforms.

This year the school has made it even more difficult, navy blue on top and khaki on the bottom. That's it!

The other years we could do white on top and either khaki or navy on the bottom. For some who are extremely picky about their clothes, it helped to have options.

Tax Free weekend seems the perfect time to shop. I know most stores sell out quickly. I miss Mervyns who had the largest supply of uniforms I have ever seen. Levines also has it but they don't have a dressing room and absolutely no help. Plus if you don't return it within 7 days you are out your money, period!

OK, not going to get mother of the year award this year on so many levels, but this time because I forgot to buy more eggs. I had boiled them instead.

So breakfast was a boiled egg and toast.

Within an hour, here comes Tigger or is she Pooh? I'm Hungry!!

Annabel foraged through the snacks I bought them in China. There is something that comes in sticks and looks like jerkey but could be fruit. She offered a bite to the dogs and even they refused!

Her foster mother sent a package of this red meat looking things, maybe those things you see in jars on the counters at convenience stores? There are preparation instructions on the back but in Chinese. Can't even guess what it says or what it would be! They look like really bad wienies, but long and skinny. Maybe they are made to fit a hot dog bun! Just kidding.

Mom and Dad are on their way to the doc to see about Mom's foot. She has been in terrible pain and I know it must be bad because otherwise she would not complain.

So I have a busy table full of girls preparing a scavenger hunt of forest animals. Only Gillian could come up with that.

I must write thank you notes. We got the nicest card and gift yesterday from two very sweet ladies from church yesterday. Made me cry.

More later!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Tell Grace that the whole point of uniforms is that no one likes them so that no one makes anyone else feel bad about not having the "right" kind of clothes. I long for my uniform days - didn't have to worry about clothes matching or what I was going to wear or if it made my butt look fat, haha.
Have you tried a money jar? I think this is a cool idea but don't know if it would work or not. If you complain or say a bad word or talk back to your mom, you have to put a certain amount of money in the jar. If you do a good thing, you get to take money out of the jar. Just a thought! Hope to see you this weekend!