Friday, August 29, 2008

Questions from Annabel

We are very fortunate to have a teacher at school who speaks Chinese. She teaches music, but has taken an interest in helping Annabel adjust to her new school.

Evidently she had some questions she wanted to ask me and the teacher helped translate them.

Here is what she wants to know:

1. Why do the Americans sleep at 6:40 - 7:00 (so early)? Actually they go to bed at 9:00! I don't know why she thought it was so early. And is Grace part of the Americans?

2. Why do the Americans eat the raw food (vegetables)? I can't even think of anything but salad we eat raw! Wish we did!

3. Why do the Americans need a car? Does she want us to walk 12 miles to Costco? Too funny! She doesn't mind riding!

4. Why does my sister need to see my school bag daily?

This one really got me tickled. If Grace didn't look in her school bag she would never get home with her stuff she needed and/or have the supplies she needs the next day. I can't imagine her having much private in her school bag!

5. Is that because of that they do not trust me?
Now how could a child who doesn't speak English know what to take to school and to bring home!

6. Why can I only take Chinese class for just 1 day?

Because that is all it is offered!! Plus it is not cheap and we have to have a car to get to them!!

7. Why do they like to see my bag? Well you keep losing stuff and get into a panic and I have learned that usually you have it in the place it should be!

8. Why I act more than 10 times asking my mom no to look at my bag, she still do that? I'm a glutton for punishment!

Now I am to answer and return and the teacher will translate for her! I'll be much more careful on answers I send back, I promise!

No comments: